xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Home

Location of Market

Market Hours, What's for sale & Events

History of Market

Where to shop & eat downtown

WIC  Program

Senior Voucher Program

EBT Program

Market Bylaws 

List of Farm Vendors

Annual Meeting

Board Members

City Ordinance

Vendors Contract

Vendor Check List

Complaint Form

Scroll down 


The following information is provided as a courtesy to vendors. Any variations from the specific items on this list may have additional licensing/permit requirements.

If you intend to sell uncut, unprocessed whole PRODUCE:

  •  You are not subject to additional regulation.

If you intend to sell HONEY, SYRUP, SORGHUM, and/or MOLASSES:

If you intend to sell MEAT, POULTRY, FISH, EGGS, and/or CHEESE:

  •  You need a State Mobile Vending Permit. Please contact the Wisconsin State Department of Health and Family Services: (608) 266-2835.

If you intend to sell BAKERY ITEMS, CANDY, CANNED GOODS, SYRUP, SORGHUM, and/or certain SALSAS:

  •  You need a License for an Approved Commercial Kitchen. Please contact DATCP, Department of Ag Trade and Consumer Protection.

If you intend to sell CIDER:

  •  The cider must be properly labeled. If you are pressing your own cider, the label must say “not pasteurized.” If someone else is pressing your cider, certain procedures must be followed and the label must say “pasteurized.” You may view the state stature governing retail cider sales via the Internet at:

If you intend to sell ORGANIC PRODUCTS:

  •  You may need an Organic Certificate. Please contact a USDA Accredited Certifying Agent

If you intend to sell PRODUCT BY WEIGHT:

  •  you must use a certified scale and the certification must be up to date.

If you intend to accept WIC or SENIOR VOUCHERS:

  •  You need a Certificate from the WIC/Senior Voucher Program.

If you are selling  ITEMS REQUIRING SALES TAX, including all non-edible items such as cut flowers, flower/plants, crafts etc:

  •  You need a Wisconsin Sellers Permit. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue: (608) 266-2776. Additionally you may apply for the Wisconsin Sellers Permit via the Internet at:

 Publication 201, Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax

The cost is $20.00 for this two-year permit.

If you are selling HERBS, PERENNIALS, and/or NURSERY STOCK (trees, shrubs):


  •  You are not subject to regulation. (but you are subject to sales tax)

Selling Home-Canned Foods: Do It Safe, Do It Legal

A new law called Wisconsin Act 101 (the Pickle Bill) allows you to sell some home-canned foods without a license under certain circumstances.

The following information will help make sure you sell food that is safe and allowed by law.

You can sell home-canned fruits and vegetables that are naturally acidic or have been acidified by pickling or fermenting.

These products have an equilibrium pH of 4.6 or lower, meaning that they are high in acid.

Examples of allowable products: pickled fruits and vegetables (not refrigerator pickles) salsas and chutneys sauerkraut and kimchi, jams and jellies, applesauce.


You can not sell low-acid home-canned foods such as vegetables, fish and meat

You can not sell sauces, dressings or condiments unless they are clearly fruit or vegetable products

You can not sell home-canned foods that are not considered fruits or vegetables such as pickled eggs, lemon curd, and pesto

You can not sell baked goods or dried, processed, or packaged foods

Sales of no more than $5,000 per household per year

Retail sales only (direct from producer to consumer) and only in  Wisconsin

Sales only at community or social events, farmers’ markets, or farm roadside stands

You must post a sign at your stand or booth: “These products are homemade in a kitchen that has not been subject to state inspection.”

You must Label each jar:

Name and address of the person who did the canning

Date of canning

Ingredients (in descending amount)

You must include this Statement: This product was made in a home not subject to   state licensing or inspection.

Questions about recipes? Contact your local UW Extension office or contact Barbara Ingham (Extension specialist) 608-263-7383 or email Barbara Ingham at

As your business becomes more and more successful, you’ll want to consider becoming licensed. Contact the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection at 608-224-4682. Contact University of Wisconsin Extension: 608-263-7383 or Barbara Ingham .Wisconsin Dept of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection: 608-224-4682

Thank You

Contact Information

Stevens Point Farmers Market Association,  Care of Dan Mielke, 2550 County Road II, Rudolph, WI 54475 

(Email:   Phone:  715-344-4104)

This website is paid for and published as public courtesy by Dan Mielke, Market manager and vendor.